Friday, February 4, 2011

Possible Dgit Combinations

XIII Neapolis New Marathon: Memories and emotions in my town.

I did not! I wanted to run the marathon in Naples take from me without any particular emotion, but then memories and feelings have come to the surface melting, creating a vortex of uncontrolled feelings and perhaps write about this race is only a pretext to thank my city, surely my people and my past. Some time ago, seeing that the main track event of the capital of Campania had changed the date of course, going to place the last Sunday of January and then falling in my training dates, I said, "You've run the major marathons in Italy, you've made a few appearances abroad, so why do not you go to Naples, which is your land? "Said and done. Just trying not to get "cross" from strange feelings I did what I always do and that is: train journey and arrival in the city of the race on Saturday morning, the only difference was that instead of going to the hotel I went home mine. A light jog, shower and lunch, then to Piazza del Plebiscite marathon at the center for removal of the chest. As always happens I met a few 'friends', a chat, a laugh and go, spend the afternoon fades in nicely and echoes of the dialects that run inside the marquee, forming graceful like a fluttering in the gentle melody that embraces all atleti.Una what do I say now, the kindness and the willingness of the organizers was fantastic, I was their guest (I had the pectoral free), they made me feel even more at home than they already were. I went to Naples, my city, with a little 'of distrust and perhaps fearing that it was not a marathon at the other. "But where do you go to Naples? There is not even water for refreshment, there are people in the car that invades the aisles, people who tease and then the garbage ... Stay at home that is better .... "These were the nicest things that I've heard the eve of his departure for the city was the capital of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies. In my heart I hoped it was not so and I knew that could not be so despite all the problems that afflict the old and embrace Partenope and that those who speak in these terms because it was only "drugs," which relies on distorted information ' ignorance of certain people and that is being exploited for propaganda purposes. The next morning I can only say THANK NAPOLI! For me the Sunday start very soon, I want to go to the former Royal Court, the scene of the start when there is none, I want to enjoy MY CITY 'alone. That square that years ago was nothing but a confusing parking of cars and then was returned after a very long time Urbe, its inhabitants and even to its tourists making it one of the lounges citizens, soon it comes alive 'and will become the heart of the Naples event. It 'almost dawn, the statues of former king in 1888 at the behest of King Umberto I occupy niches outside the Royal Palace watch over the square, the athletes seem to be waiting and watching the whole "bandwagon" of the marathon. Not there is still no, it rains heavily, the atmosphere is surreal but it is too beautiful. I turn to go down to the sea via Console and I carry on the waterfront. It 's dark and still raining cats and dogs. I hear the beating of my heart and believe me not significantly increase the tension of the race but because they are there at that place and at that time. I feel a fresh wind blowing, a breeze from the sea salt and caresses my face at that moment, as if by magic, living a dream return back over the years that I was reviewing that kid running happy on these roads, the son of a Naples unfortunately perhaps no longer exists in some of its values. "I left Naples to watch them endlessly, I wanted to stop that instant and enjoy once again to you. " The race starts early, the view of the gulf is fantastic, the city is waking up, I feel the air, maybe it will be only suggestive, the smell of coffee and sauce that expands from the houses of Naples giving me the taste of Sunday morning many years ago. On the start line where, despite the diversity of colors of vests, places of origin, social classes, we are all equal, united by the desire to have fun and run. Also united in telling the story differently because of race itself as it is right that everyone is seeing the writing and filtering it through his own experience, mixing it with his past. All we have now ... ready, photos, TV that takes the event, the military band playing ... 08.00 am: VIA! It starts there and goes on the waterfront, I reached Roberto, a friend and companion in many marathons, it makes me want to understand me if we run with a rate of around 4'30 "at km, I make him sign that for me there no problem. This will make it through the race, up to five hundred meters from the finish, when asking him to come alone to enjoy that moment at the finish line of the marathon in my town who do not want to share with anyone because it will just be my selfish. Walk along the sea, we arrive at the square and cross the tunnel Sannazzaro Latium, from which you go straight out to the show overseas to be honest I did not remember so evocative, it may be because you are missing more than two decades. The miles go by and I realize that some sign that marks them is missing, not bad, even if it is a sin, the miles are marked on the ground. Time passes quietly and I am completely taken by my memories despite the rain that accompanies it has the advantage for me to hide a few tears of emotion when, through some special places that have marked my life. We are a good group of athletes, the chat and jokes are exchanged and Roby peacefully but then I increased a bit ', the others fall, and then surely we are divided. Caterers, as provided by regulation, nice people and always ready to beat us pleasant company, but here another little flaw and that is lacking in the basket to throw the empty bottles of water, this lack may have been the excuse for so many athletes that have polluted the road with a sea of \u200b\u200bplastic that was horror. A suggestion to the organizers, do it for next year, because we are rude to our already then even if we provided the excuse, it's the end! But the tunnel still look back in the direction of ec'immettiamo new waterfront, the boat veers to the chalet and then return to the starting point where hard-working judges indicate where transitare.Tagliamo Piazza Trieste e Trent, where there is one of more coffee "in" and the ancient city, along the Galleria Umberto I and Teatro San Carlo with its neo-classical to pop up at Piazza Municipio, where the imposing and majestic Male Angioino castle centuries ago guard the city and has had among its guests in addition to many of the various King Boccaccio, Giotto, Petrarch seems to help calm and placid passaggio.Ci to our head at this point to the square of the railway are also a bit 'of uncomfortable work in progress. Meeting my dear friend, an accomplice of course a lot of miles on these very streets, waiting for me in the pouring rain, is excited, not seen him for some time, I stop, hug him and allotment much happier than before. We go back, going away from Medina, to the former Largo di Palazzo where is located the Basilica of St. Francis of Paola at the center of a column and its circular shape so it looks like the Pantheon in Rome;'ll make this ride two more times. A route is technically not easy because of the ups and downs and changes of road surface: asphalt, cobblestones and paving stones are alternated and are made slippery by water coming down, making it more difficult and dangerous. I was never bored around the track even though it was repeated several times, in fact I lived a different emotion at every turn because Naples is a kaleidoscope of colors, a breeding feelings. When transiting via Caracciolo with the background of Castel dell 'Ovo or Mergellina the other hand, the smell of the sea calmed me with rage I felt for those who in recent years has used this city that has made a mother to many children, some which also ungrateful that just grew a bit ', they abandoned to its fate. In the passage next to the town park was still the voices of children and their parents that came out of a past now too far away but still alive in the memories of cuore.Intanto steps follow each other but I did not realize it, along the way many athletes I recognize and greet me, spare me with sympathy and so on ... Donato, Francesco, Daniela, Angela, Michele then a cry of incitement to Monica Carlin that he was going to win yet another marathon and meanwhile God pluvio was unleashed. I arrived while the last five hundred yards, my ex-friend Robert as agreed and hit the Monica Casiraghi, a quick greeting and a goodbye to Seregno for one hundred kilometers and I set out alone towards the last climb, the one of Via Console . The goal of Neapolis XIII Marathon looms. Within the square, the two huge equestrian statue depicting Charles III and Ferdinand I, seem to root for me, I look at my parents waiting for me there with my mom seeing me for the first time the arrival of a race gets excited, a few tears the lining a face now with a few wrinkles too. Time stands still, that moment lasts forever, they are in another reality, I see what I've always wanted to see and what I've always dreamed could come true: we are all waiting for Totò, De Filippo, Caruso, Di Giacomo, Massimo Troisi, look at me, I applaud us all brothers, all children of this city that gave us so much. Cutting the goal and the dream fades, everything comes back to reality, a beautiful girl makes me a beautiful medal around his neck, perhaps But a bit 'sad because on an Italy which depicts two athletes run but where, however, still missing a piece to be complete. Perhaps it is true that this nation does not after one hundred and fifty something, perhaps his major component ... the Italians, taking up what he said Massimo D'Azeglio. The rest of the post-race can certainly be improved while excellent and rapid service storage bags. I did not understand, finally, if there were showers, signs indicated that there were none, I asked but nobody answered me and so I have not found. At the end of this marathon journey and this retrospective a bit sorry 'at all if I used a courageous race as a way of trying to convey to you and tell you of my love my city. "Naples, I can only offer I wrote this as a sign of gratitude, goodbye to neighbor. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment